VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    setup>security>country 0000 pick your country.

Be careful as I don't know if character sets will change.

I know I posted this in another thread, but figured it might merit a separate post!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    Hi, I got a Region 3 DVD and I tried your method to change the country to HONGKONG. The player still give me "wrong region" message. Please advise.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    This is just a hunch, but try leaving the disc tray open when changing region. Not sure what else to advise. I only guessed the passcode You may need to apply an update after setting region, not sure on this.
    Last edited by kuurgen; 4th Jun 2010 at 02:00.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Probably we will need other codes or else the function has been disabled. Will have to search codes for other similar players or else search foreign websites for the codes. Nothing happens when you change the country. Tried setting to "Japan" for my region 2 discs and got nothing...not even a language change. Because of the choppy mkv performance, I'll be keeping my Curtis 1102 for the time being. Maybe Zellers will drop the price on that unit again soon.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by kuurgen View Post
    You may need to apply an update after setting region, not sure on this.
    Updates on various players have also been known to break unlocking, so I wouldn't count on this working.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Unlock region code here:

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/wm-seiki-bd-live-blu-ray-player-bd660-88-a-893497/6/

Tested working with Region 2 Japanese DVD discs. Was fast and EASY! Don't have any Blu Ray other than Region A so I can't comment on region changes for Blu Ray discs...
    Last edited by oldfart13; 7th Jun 2010 at 21:32. Reason: Update info
    Quote Quote