VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a transport stream from my DVR. I would like to split the video to remove advertisements from the beginning, and the advertisement from the commercial break in the middle, then convert the ts to a more manageable mkv.. Is there a program(s) that can do this? I currently use both MeGUI and MediaCoder to get my video conversion done, but I can't find a way to either split the video into two separate files and remove the advertisements, or split the video during the conversion for a correct output. Is there a way to do this? MediaCoder only allows cutting from one specific spot to another, but I need to do it with a small break in between.

Thanks..
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Transport stream with h264 or mpeg2 video? Identify with mediainfo.

avidemux might work for some ts streams, t can edit and save as a mkv. Or else try edit with the free tssniper or videoredo preview. Convert with megui, mediacoder as usual. Maybe you could also make a custom avisynth script for megui to cut the advertisement.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank for your response (:
    It is MPEG-2 video.. Will try TSSniper and other recommends later, when I have the time.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Okay. Here's the issue: TSSniper is the only one that can make multiple cuts. VideoReDo can't seem to open my file, and while AviDemux seems to be the best bet, it can only make one cut, not multiple ones. What do..?
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    In avidemux, set the a and b selection and press delete to cut out. Repeat.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It doesn't cut the audio too..
    Quote Quote