VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

I have a modest PC (Win7 x64 H.P., Intel e8400, 4gb DDR2, HDD 500GB and GeForce8400GS [i know, this VGA is horrible to video editing]). I want edit videos in 1080p, without every time press [enter] to Render. If i buy a better VGA like a Radeon 4770 or GeForce 9800GT, it's possible to edit 1080p without render every time?

See ya.
    Quote Quote  
  2. What editor? Upgrading your video card won't help most video editors. Updating to a quad core CPU will probably help.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Well what will help on video cards is h264 processing to offload a little from the cpu. More ram too but remember only under 4gbs on a 32bit os. You'll need a 64bit os to use more than 4gb ram. And ram wont' really speed processing it'll just make loading and multitasking with different applications easier.

But yes your best bet to improve encoding time is to get a processor with more cores and faster cores than you already have, thats what does the number crunching for video editing (though there is that gpu processing on newer video cards that is supposed to pick up some processing tasks but I don't know much about that).
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    ...and a decent flatpanel monitor
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thx. I'll save some money to buy a new system. I looking for i5 (650 or 750) and a Radeon 4770, new PSU (Corsair 650) and 4GB OCZ Low Voltage. In Brazil, the computer part's is a lot expensive (for one piece, we pay twice). Use the same hard disk, i bought another 500GB but, Seagate 7200.12.

PS: Actuallyi run Adobe Premiere CS4 in my machine.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    What are your source formats?
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote