VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have alot to learn, and have read many things. Still confusing. I only understand how to download movies via torrents, and burn to either DVD or CD. I have never copied or ripped any DVD. Many formats that I have seen, but I just downloaded a movie in DVD 5 PAL format. It is around 4.3 GB in size, and I have burned to DVD and it is excellent quality and sound. It was uploaded by someone who used Type disc: DVD 5 ISO format, so I cannot see the indivual files that make up this ISO. I tried UltraISO but it did not show the bundle of files put together in this ISO. However, there are subtitles on bottom of screen that I would like to remove. Can someone please explain to me how to get these removed and what software to use? This is a start to a brand new subject, and the subject matter is huge. Please bear with me, as I want to learn how to do this the right way for the best quality.

I am watching it right now, and it appears to be in

Thanks in advance,
    gb
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Can you stop the subtitles by pressing the subtitle button on your dvd remote? There have been occasions where they appear by default after a dvd has been copied.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for that. I didn't think you could do it off the remote but it did remove them. Now is there any way to increase picture size at the bottom where the subs were at? I would guess that would not be an easy fix as the picture did not adjust for the subs being turned off by the remote.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It sounds like you have a wdiescreen movie and you are seeing black bars top and bottom. This is normal, and the only options you have are :

a) leave it be. This is how it is supposed to be, and anything you do to change this is going to cost you somewhere along the way

b) crop off the ends and resize the image to fill the screen. This means re-encoding, having a softer image, and losing whatever was happening at the edges of the frame

c) stretch the image to fill the screen top to bottom, making everyone tall and thin

You could try using the zoom function on your TV or player, if they have one. At least then the damage isn't permanent
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote