VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, I've a problem in recording audio. I get loud hiss with my voice when recording and I don't know how to eliminate this hiss. My OS is Windows 7 ultimate & I've a built in sound card.

I tried many ways, but the problem is not solved. I tried many mics. I doubted my mic but when I did the following the hiss is removed but I got a strange bad sound. I mean the volume is increased then decreased automatically, as if I change the mic volume manually during recording.

That's what I did:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	26-05-2010 06-31-10.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	1981
    Click image for larger version

Name:	26-05-2010 06-35-50.jpg
Views:	733
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	1980

Please, tell me how to solve this problem.

THANKS
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The problem may be less to do with hardware than mic positioning from the mouth and lack of pop filter.

Do a search on "microphone sibilance" for tips and techniques. Here's just one link (among many):

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1317698/how_to_reduce_or_eliminate_sibilance.html

Also: you never mentioned the type of mic you're using. Please don't tell me it's some el-cheapo web mic.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by filmboss80 View Post
    The problem may be less to do with hardware than mic positioning from the mouth and lack of pop filter.

Do a search on "microphone sibilance" for tips and techniques. Here's just one link (among many):

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1317698/how_to_reduce_or_eliminate_sibilance.html
    Thank u so much 4 response, but I mean the background hiss not sibilance produced by mouth approach to the mic.

Also: you never mentioned the type of mic you're using. Please don't tell me it's some el-cheapo web mic.
    I don't know in mic types, Its shape is like the mic in the 1st image. It is not very cheap (my country doesn't deal with dollar), but I noticed some thing. When I switch off the mic power and start to record, I logically get no sound, but I get the background hiss only. When I switch on the power I get the same hiss as if the recorder muxes the hiss with my voice, so I think the mic is not the problem, am I right?
    Last edited by 3thman; 26th May 2010 at 13:38.
    Quote Quote