VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I want the same basic look of a conventional commercial video which is traditionally a single movie with an active title menu that displays individual chapters (thumbnails) representing different scenes in the movie. I need that same 'active' thumbnail appearance on my opening menu but I only want to use one simple 30 minute video with six separate active thumbnails.

As far as I can tell, ConvertXtoDVD seems to only allow active thumbnails for each title(set) ... e.g. if you add 3 separate episodes/videos and choose a 3 episode/title menu, you can have 3 'active' thumbnails on your opening, title screen.

To get the right look, I have even tried chopping my 30 minute vid into 6 separate titlesets which gives me my active thumbnails on the title menu but obviously, there is a lag between each scene change rather than the seamless chapter change found on a conventional movie.

I would think it should be as simple as adding chapters, specifying my 'active' thumbnail points, and have my opening screen begin at the chapter screen (is this their 'root' page?). But there does not seem any way to get your new production to open up to this 'chapter' menu.

Is there something I'm missing, perhaps I could re-author my movie but that doesn't seem logical ... perhaps CXtoD cannot perform this and should I look elsewhere ... any thoughts???
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You will probably get a faster answer over at http://forums.vso-software.fr/convertxtodvd-version-4-x-f34.html
    Quote Quote