VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Lol ok so bad title but as of recently ive been seeing commercials (terrible ones) about how you can wirelessly stream from a laptop/pc with windows 7 to a television

My Laptop is a Dell Inspiron 1545 operating @64 bits.

My TV is a Samsung Series 6 6000

My 2 main questions are

A) How do i get my tv to wirelssly go online ( i can see in the menu and get to the part where it shows network setup, kinda like that on a pc.

and

B) How do i get windows 7 to stream from my laptop to my tv.

I know it has something to do with windows media center...? or maybe it doesnt but from what ive read all roads lead to that .

any help would be very much appreciated .
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Assuming your TV is a) wireless and b) DNLA enabled, then you start by connecting your TV to your wireless router. You will need to know your security settings etc, but basically it is the same as putting a PC onto a wireless connection.

Next, watch this video, or any of the many others, that explain how to set up streaming. Note : you do not need to disable your firewall to make this happen. Just configure it correctly.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It's TV and the Internet, it HAS to be TRUE !!! TV commercials are awesome!!!
    Quote Quote  
  4. It looks like the 6 series only has wired ethernet. And it doesn't appear to support uPNP/DLNA. The 7 series has ethernet and supports wireless (via an optional dongle) and supports uPNP/DLNA. If you had a 7 series you would have to set up a DLNA server on your laptop (WMP on Win7 has one).
    Quote Quote  
  5. Thanks to those who actually offer a helpful response. Think i may just end up using a monitor cord , wireless is overrated in most cases anyway
    Quote Quote