VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,
    I'm new here and hope this is the right place to ask this. I was hoping if someone can give me an answer to my problem. I recently got a new HP computer and got back DVDPlay because my old computer, which was Compaq, broke down and had to be replaced ASAP. However, my new computer won't let me play my Region 1 DVDs on DVDPlay because it's locked in region 0 mode. Every time I put in a DVD to play with DVDPlay, it ejects the disk and asks if I want to change regions and I have not used any of my 5 out of 5 limitations yet. I also cannot find QuickPlay on my computer, as I think it's gone, was deleted and/or was never put back on. If I bring back QuickPlay, will it let me play Region 1 DVDs on DVDPlay again? What should I do? I hope there's a free way to fix this, as I can't afford to spend any further updates on how to fix my computer to play R1 DVDs again.

Any help is VERY much appreciated. Thanks for your time.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    When I added a pioneer dvdr to my pc the first time I put a dvd in it it said it needed to set the region code after I set it that it never asked again.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Sometimes DVD drives have to be set to a region the first time you play a DVD. In the past they used to come pre-set, but that doesn't seem to be the case much now. You could just set it to region 1. Or you could use VLC, which does no region checking. I know nothing about DVDPlay and QuickPlay.
    Quote Quote