VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Suddenly a capure problem has occured using Adobe Pr. 4.0 for capturing from my Canon HV20-camera (DV-tape). When the captureprocess is about to start the message "Adobe has run into a problem and has to be closed" appears and then the program is closed. I have unistalled and reinstalled the program but the problem is still there. The same problem accurs now when I use Adobe Pr. 2.0 for capturing. I have tried Nero Vision and the camera starts to play the tape when I press the play button in Nero Vision but not film is played in the program. The problem is the same if connect the camera to the computer´s firewireport or the USB.
    I have also resetted the camera. What can be the problem?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The fixprogram KB 883008 is unfortunately only available for the English XP version and changing the language registry values did not help me. The fixprogram could not be installed as I have the Swedish XP-version.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    After using the program "Reimage repair" I can now let Windows Movie Maker capture film from the camera Canon HV20 and create an output-avi.file which I then can use as an inputfil, without problems, in Adobe Premiere Elements 4.0. But still Adobe Pr El 4.0 cannot capture the minidvtapefilm from the Canoncamera. Adobe is immediately closed winth the message "Adobe has run into a problem and must be closed" (my translation from the Swedish language). Reinstalling Adobe does not change this, The Canonsupport does not know what the problem might be. What can be wrong with the Adobeprogram in relation with the camera?
    Quote Quote