VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    System is dual core 2.1ghz HP with 3GB of RAM 64bit Vista.

input file is 4.05 MKV H264/ AVC and desired output is AVCHD H264 which I believe produces TS steams in an AVCHD file structure.

I first chose the video bitrate of 6000kbps but that made for an output greater than 5gb, but after processing stopped the output was exactly 4.00gb. Why is that? Anyone have this issue?

I then did everything over again choosing a 4500 kbps video bitrate and that still produced the same 4.00GB output.

what is limiting the output to 4gb? Anyone else have this issue?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Are you sure you have to reconvert? Have you tried multiavchd ? It will make a avchd from a mkv with no video reconversion if the mkv is avchd compliant.

But I don't why total crap converter has a 4gb avchd m2ts limit. No old fat32 hdd partition?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I did try multiavchd but curiously the final output stopped playing the disc after 20 seconds. My preference is always multiavchd and have made about 10-15 other conversions with that successfully, but not for this particular 4.05gb MKV and one other file last month. I'm going to go to Dean's forum and post the issue there as well.

So, since multiavchd was not working, I'm trying TVC. Do you not have a good opinion of it ("crap")? It does take forever to convert - about 8 hours for a 4gb whereas multiavchad does it in a few minutes if it is already a MKV.

no old fat32hdd partition (afaik) , it's a brand new laptop. Although Vista puts programs into 2 separate "program files folders"
    1. Program Files
    2. Program (x86) - here is where it put TVC - would that maker a difference??
    Quote Quote