VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi

I'm not an English speaker but love to watch English movies online. In the past I used to watch movies on DVDs with subtitles. Subtitling is important for me to understand storyline, improve English and enjoy the movie fully. I hated to watch movies online though there were all the favorite movies which I couldn't find in any store. But then recently I found a software called SubViewer which can upload a subtitle file without the video file. I use this software mostly in transparent mode which looks as if subtitle is integrated to the video as on DVD.

Here's the snapshot of a scene from the movie Repulsion subtitled with Subviewer under transparent mode being watched on Megavideo:

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/5935/repulsioncapture.jpg

I have the habit of pausing every other second, to surf internet, to look up a definition of word, etc. Here the real problem arises. When I pause the video, Subviewer keeps on running for a while, then I turn off its transparent mode to pause subtitle also. So you see it take a lot of time and energy then you pause every other moment. The other problem is video and subtitle become non-synced. When I restart the video again, I have to turn on the transparent mode of Subviewer and make the subtitle synced with the video. I hope you can see the problem(s).

Is there any way to make the process simple? Is there a way to pause both the online video and Subviewer simultaneously? Is there any other software of Subviewer type which offers more functions? Any other suggestion?

Thanks a lot for the help, especially your time.
    Last edited by jackson6612; 21st May 2010 at 07:34.
    Quote Quote  
  2. If there is some confusion or problem with my query, then please let me know. I can clarify it further. I need a solution. Thanks.
    Quote Quote