VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi.
    I recently sent off a DVD which I have authored which features 19 short music videos, 2 audio streams: stereo music in the english language stream and 5.1 in the spanish audio stream. I have burned many quality control copies of the disc which have worked the way i have wanted them to aside from some occasional aspect ratio issues because it is a 16x9 DVD but features a few vertically letterboxed 4:3 videos as well. Anyway, the disc has played fine according to my quality standards on all my testing.

Today I received an email from the DVD replication company that the disc I sent them is bad with the following error report (which reads like Greek to me):

"Descriptor location and Tag location field disagree
    A Descriptor's address does not agree with the actual location where the Descriptor was found.

Since this error can occur with various Descriptor types, the EclipseSuite programs will display one of the following messages in the Additional Info column of the Analysis identifying the descriptor in question.

ECMA167: Location [x], Tag location field: [y]
    ECMA167: LVID Sequence Location:[x], Tag location field: [y]

Type: UDF 2.50
    Reference: UDF 2.2.1
    Default program Action: Error

Rule ID: 707"

I had not expected any problems and now I have a problem which I don't even understand, much less how to fix. Is there anyone out there that has any idea what this could possibly be related to. Or at least some advice as to what I should start looking into?

Any advice or suggestions would be more than greatly appreciated since we have already started promoting the DVD a bit. Thanks in advance. Sincerely, Polyphasic.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Make a request for confirmation they are using the current updated version of "EclipseSuite"

There are inconsistencies between media / burners descriptors which may trigger such errors when this suite cannot find a method around reported issues.

And this link gives a general overview of UDF.

When you speak of not having issues previously is this the first time you have used their services ?

Down below on the site you'll find "Assumptions for UDF Reader" and a link to the udf verify utility which is what one should use before sending copies to be produced.
    Quote Quote  
  3. ok. i will definately ask them about whether their eclipsesuite is updated.

i can see that there would be inconsistencies with media/burner descriptions because even the dvd behaves somewhat differently between players from time to time.

yes, this is the first time i have used them, but they are a very large and professional company and been very friendly and helpful so far. i just found out about this problem today and am trying to fix it. i have asked for more information from them and i hope that they will provide me with some guidance but I am not counting on it.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I dont know if this would be handy as its not updated but it provides a lot of information regarding the descriptors involved in UDF.

Pdf link

Questions:

1: Media type used when sent for reproduction.
    2: Software used in products development stage prior.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Hi all,

I have the same problem. Is there any more information, advice or fix ?

By the way, the plant uses version 5.2 of Eclipse. And the UDF version of the DVD is 1.02. You can check out the full report in PDF here : http://poubellelqt.free.fr/temp/

Thank you.
    Last edited by Lucius Snow; 23rd Jun 2010 at 14:23.
    Quote Quote