VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I created a MP4 file from a Motion project (the project has been transferred between my MacBook Pro on Leopard and my iMac which has Snow Leopard).

On my iMac the file shows 156MB, and I use Quicktime Pro 10.X (its at home so not sure of what version) and the file comes up at 1280x720 as intended.

I then copy the file to my MacBook Pro which has Quicktime Pro 7.6.6 (I thought installing FCP included latest QT Pro Player??). The file size shows up as 149MB, and when i play the file back it comes up squashed, as in it's squashed at the top and bottom. So a circle looks oval now.

When i try and export on my MacBook Pro - i get the squashed image straight away.

I dont understand how this is possible? Can anyone shed light on whats going on? Is it the different QuickTime Pro versions?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Can you post the details from the mp4? Resolution and aspect ratio. Use mediainfo and not quicktime.
    How does it look in another player like VLC Media player?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Can you post the details from the mp4? Resolution and aspect ratio. Use mediainfo and not quicktime.
    How does it look in another player like VLC Media player?
    I'm having the same issue too. I was wondering if it was a problem with the source AVI video. I'm using Sony Vegas to encode the AVI. VLC and my resulting MP4 exported from Quicktime are both squashed.

Please help
    Quote Quote