VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've downloaded a movie in AVI format and I've tried to burn it to DVD using media player, windows dvd maker etc and all of them say that the file is too large, is there a way i can make it fit?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Some more info is needed. An AVI file to DVD requires it to be changed to DVD format if the result is expected to be playable in a regular DVD player. Give DVDFlick a try (free). There are many others available, also. If the file is already done to DVD specs and is just too big, try DVDShrink or DVD Rebuilder.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Yes you can make it fit. But you need to describe what you want to do.
    1) Do you want to keep it in AVI format and burn that to a blank DVD disc with no conversion? If so, then you'll need to either burn to a dual layer disc (assuming the AVI will fit on that) or re-encode it down to a smaller size.
    2) If you want to convert the AVI to DVD format, yes, it certainly can be done to get a smaller size. Some tools use bit rates by default that result in files that are too large for single layer discs. You could try DVDFlick as suggested or ConvertXtoDVD (not free) for example.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm not really sure what i want to do, this is the first time ive tried to do this i just want to have a dvd that will play in my dvd player. i tried dvd shrink but it wont open the dvd file, it says it cannot find the specified file. how can i re encode something to a smaller size?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Try the app called dvdfab(I think you get to try before you buy) which converts almost any size and any format.Or another realy easy app is Winavi which will convert most other formats(dont no if you get try be for you buy).Plus have you googled your question ? You will be surprised.
    Quote Quote