VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Good day all,

Could I have information with respect to working Handbake with the current version of X264!
    Is this something we can do as the user or is this update done but the author?

Thank you in advance..
    Quote Quote  
  2. no you can't just drop in new builds , because handbrake uses a modified version of x264.exe . It has to be done by the handbrake team (unless you can hack it)

if you want a gui that you can just drop in a x264.exe from x264.nl , megui would work
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You can do that with ripbot as well.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank good people I looked at the files when the latest issue appeared mentioning the connection...

Much appreciated..
    Quote Quote  
  5. HandBrake uses HandBrake CLI, built-in encoders.
    Users do have much control over it.
    Plus I personally found few more bugs on latest versions, but, due to poor support to their own babies,
    I stopped communicating.

It's something like : If you like it, Use it coz its FREE, otherwise throw it into trash.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by levick View Post
    Could I have information with respect to working Handbake with the current version of X264!
    Is this something we can do as the user or is this update done but the author?
    Use the nightly builds of Handbrake, which are up to date with x264. Don't use the 0.9.4 stable release, it's out of date and has many bugs.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Just back to once again thank Videohelp and a great bunch of people for your assistance....

Kind Regards,
    Quote Quote  
  8. @creamyhorror

Thanks for your suggestion for nightly builds.
    If authors are careless about their own babies, Why one should try buggy wares, at all,
    as there are plenty better out here on Video Help?
    or just stick to the old ones which works satisfactory.
    Quote Quote