VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    using AVCHDCODER to convert MKV to BD -R . I am unselecting forced subtitles in setup of avchd but a still get subtitles that are on all the time and can't be turned off. Thanks in advance for help
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Try multiavchd.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you for your reply. I realy like avchdcoder. would like to solve this problem with forced subtitles if i can. any idea why i get forced subs even with force subtitle option is unchecked. much Thanks again for your reply
    Quote Quote  
  4. Probably because you have the [x] Subtitles plugin in ffdshow enabled. Before re-encoding make sure to have it set to off.
    Laugh and the world will laugh with you. Cry and you will be alone
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Are you speaking of unchecking it in avchd coder settings, which i had already done or is there a plugin in ffdshow to be unselected. Sorry for my confusion.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I believe doing both is better. Open "Video decoder configuration" from your ffdshow installation path and untick "Subtitles".

Of course it is possible that you have some other decoder/filter which puts the subtitles over the picture. The best way to know is to use Media Player Classic (MPC) and play your video. If it has the subtitles on - you'll need to find what's putting them there.
    Laugh and the world will laugh with you. Cry and you will be alone
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes I have had the one in avchdcoder unticked from the first time i used it. I will play the video in windows classic media player. and go from there however a am not realy sure how to approach finding it. Thank you so very much for the information.
    Quote Quote