VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Now that there are no further developments on DIKO (GREEEEEAT SOFTWARE), I am starting to look other ways.

I have tried a lot: AVStoDVD, TheFilmMachine, AVI2ISO and DVD Flick, but none of them works as I would like.

What I need is a stable program with "one click" function. As automated as possible.
    It needs to automatic fit up to 6 houers on one DVD. I encode 3 movies to one disc.
    Of course I need the subtitles.
    The menu I'll do in DVD-lab afterwards.

I think TheFilmMachine looked great, but I can only get it to fit 2 movies on a standard 4,7 GB DVD.

What is the best solution. I don't have to be freeware...

I have made quite a few dvds with 3 movies (xvid) on one DVD and the result has been fair with DIKO.
    Quote Quote  
  2. file size = bitrate * running time

If you want six hours on a DVD you need to use a bitrate around 1500 kbps. At that low a bitrate you'll usually need to drop the resolution to half D1 or quarter D1.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Convertxtodvd is probably the best for something like this but don't expect great quality with 6 hours on a DVD5, DVD9 mat not be so bad though.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Yes, but I want a program to do all the process for me automatic...

2 mins ago I just tested "Convert X to DVD" - This actually seems to work.
    Although I would it to force subtitles always. I have to put them on manually.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I think the quality of the converted video in CX2D is almost as good as in DIKO.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Get a DVD player that can play Divx/Xvid files and you can play most of your files without conversion. Or a media player like the WDTV Live.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    @Torben

What's wrong with AVStoDVD? If it is the bitrate default limitation (2500 kbps), you simply have to go to 'Preferences'/'AudioVideo' and change 'Video Lower Avg BitRate' from 2500 to 500 kbps.

Of course, do not expect visual miracles with such a low bitrate...

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  8. I had a similar question last week, and have to say that AVStoDVD once tweaked handled the job quite well using the HEnC 2 pass setting. THe results were as I expected, and actually looked pretty good on my TV.

I suggest giving this a try.

--dES
    "You can observe a lot by watching." - Yogi Bera
    http://www.areturningadultstudent.com
    Quote Quote