VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I love BD Rebuilder and AVCHDCoder, but I use them for both for different reasons. I prefer BD Rebuilder when my output is BD-25, but prefer AVCHDCoder for BD-9 output. I realize I could just stick with one, but I like both programs a lot and they both have pros and cons which is why I use both (in other words, please don't post comments pleading me to change my ways, there ingrained ). The thing about using two different peices of software is that they both have "recommended" versions of ffdshow and Haali. I have never run into issues running the AVCHD versions with BDRB and vice versa. I have even tested playback using the same source and still see no differences.

My question is are other people in this same boat and what do you do about this? Since I don't have problems, I guess I should just go with it, but has anyone else ran into issues or found ways for the two programs to reference two different versions of the same software? I think a lot of my confusion stems from the fact that I have never ran into codec issues in the past so my knowledge of what kind of problems they can create is very limited. My biggest fear is that some day they won't play nice together on my same machine and I will run into a situation where I am switching out versions of the same software just so I can use one program or the other.

Bottom line, should I really be concerned about what version I am using as long as both BDRB and AVCHDCoder still behave appropriately? Better yet, why do I let this kind of stuff keep me up at night. Ha ha!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Don't let it keep I up. All is good... Time for bed
    'Do I look absolutely divine and regal, and yet at the same time very pretty and rather accessible?' - Queenie
    Quote Quote