VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Does this matter? Will the video look jerky or lose audio synch if a single frame is lost?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Depends on the frame, doesn't it? Like, if it's the final frame of black at the end of the movie -- who cares? Watch the video. If there's a problem, capture again.
    Quote Quote  
  3. At 29.97fps, the loss of one frame (if not accompanied also by the loss of the audio for that frame) will mean an audio desynch of 33ms, not enough to tell. There may or may not be a noticeable but very slight jerk or stutter at that place. If you're reencoding it for something, you can restore the audio synch by adding in a frame (duplicating an adjoining frame) using the Loop command of AviSynth followed by using the BadFrames filter on that frame to blend together the 2 adjoining frames. That'll effectively remove the stutter pretty much.

And if not reencoding, and even if reencoding and not frameserving using an AviSynth script, I don't think the problem is serious enough to worry about.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by manono View Post
    If you're reencoding it for something, you can restore the audio synch by adding in a frame (duplicating an adjoining frame) using the Loop command of AviSynth ...
    Loop will also duplicate the audio for the frame, so will maintain any desync.
    Better to use DuplicateFrame which doesn't touch the audio.
    Last edited by Gavino; 13th May 2010 at 04:33. Reason: Change FreezeFrame to DuplicateFrame
    Quote Quote  
  5. I don't include the audio in my scripts, so it wouldn't be a problem for me. Good to know, though.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the advice!
    Quote Quote