VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. would the toothpaste trick work on repairing a scratched cd / dvd? im watching all these videos online but im not sure if it even works. can someone please confirm?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Im sure u can get a machine wot u can repair scratched cds with,dunno weather it would work or not tho,toothpaste sounds abit dodgy to me
    Quote Quote  
  3. I've never tried the toothpaste trick but I use DVDFab HD Decrypter and IsoBuster on hard to read discs.
    That website only repairs game CD/DVD, you better contact them regarding Video DVD.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by MOVIEGEEK View Post
    That website only repairs game CD/DVD, you better contact them regarding Video DVD.
    Huh ?
    Whats the difference ?
    A pressed dvd is a pressed dvd regardless of what is on it.

@ the OP, if anyone had a clue as to where you are, the U.S., U.K., Brazil, timbucktwo, ect. someone maybe able to give you some more help.

For instance, once in a great while when i get ahold of a really bad disc i take it down to my local Family Video & they put it in their machine and it comes out looking like new for $2.00.

Video dvd, game dvd, game cd, audio cd, ect.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I've had mixed results with toothpaste - what I prefer is "green honing compound" which is intended for polishing steel but does a nice job on hard plastics. I've fixed many unreadable discs with it. http://www.leevalley.com/en/wood/page.aspx?p=32093&cat=1,43415,43439
    Quote Quote  
  6. forget it ill just send it to those guys... xcubicle.com
    Quote Quote  
  7. Edit
    Last edited by MOVIEGEEK; 10th May 2010 at 18:36.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I have a small orbital car buffer that does a good job. I put the disc on a rubber pad to hold it in place. The polishing compounds or the white anti-tartar toothpaste has worked well for deep gouges. But if you have someplace with a polishing machine nearby and the disc is just scratched, they work well.
    Quote Quote