VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi All,

I hope someone will be able to answer to my problem. If this is already posted and answered apologies.

I have a Samsung Syncmaster 23'' LCD monitor. Its a full HD Wide Screen Monitor. It has DVI-D and VGA inputs.

I also have Samsung DVD Hi-Fi. I am now exploring an option whereby I can watch DVD movies by using my DVD Hi-Fi without switching my PC on. That means that I have to connect the HDMI output of my Hi-Fi to Samsung LCD Monitor. The Hi-FI does NOT have DVI or VGA output.

So I need to convert HDMI output of my Hi-Fi to DVI input for my LCD Monitor. I saw some of the threads there and I don't think this will be easy. There was something that was mentioned about HPCD and also deinterlacing issues.

When i searched for my LCD monitor model in the internet it seems like this is HPCD capable. I also saw HDMI to DVI cables sold in EBAY. Is it worth buying these cables and connect my HIFI HDMI out to DVI input of Monitor. Will it work?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    An HDMI to DVI cable will work,but DVI carries video only and you will have to run separate audio cables unless your using your "HiFi" to get the audio.
    Quote Quote