VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    I used MactheRipper to rip the video from the DVD to a folder named "Movie" on my desktop. Then I used Handbreak to create the compressed file. Burned that compressed file to a DVD and my dvd player would not recognize it. I knew this might not work since Handbreak saved it as a MP4 file format. So now I am trying to create the compressed file with DVD2One. When I open DVD2One and choose "Make a full disk copy" and then select the "Movie" folder where MactheRipper saved the ripped file, DVD2One says "the selected folder does not contain a valid dvd-video format".

I'm completely new to this so I'm sure there is some basic stuff that I am just not understanding here. Thanks for any help.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I am not mac literate but I can lend some advice in video in general.

If you were trying to make a mp4 file on purpose you have to be sure your player can play that specific type of mp4 file. If it can play mp4's it will be a very specific type and may or may not be in the manual (surely information is available online for that brand of dvd player.

If you simply want to make a "normal" dvd that will be playable on any dvd player you will need to "rip" ie backup the disc to your computer and then burn to a new disc. You will need to follow special instructions for your particular mac programs as I am not familiar with them.

If it made a full disc copy it should have a video_ts folder. That would be what you burn with the video inside it. THen you simply pop the disc in. Make sure you have .vob video files in the video_ts folder. That is what is in your original dvd.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote