VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hope someone can help me out here l have a problem with my laptop.
    It is a Packard bell ARC21 , the problem started yestaday morning all of a sudden.
    The previous night it was fine no problems, logged of and went to bed then next morning l booted the laptop up and the screen was black. It started up and the lights all came on and though it was difficult l could see the packard bell logo come on then the login request. l logged on and could just manage to see in daylight with the screen at a certain angle that it was running ok and could use the internet and then l tried a CD in CD drive and that was working and sound was working but the screen was still black.
    l then used a monitor off my computer tower using the vga lead to the packard bell the monitor worked,so by useing my laptop keypad l was able to use the laptop with the monitor screen.
    So what could have caused my laptop to go black, is the screen faulty or could it be a graphics/ graphics card issue, how can l tell is there a way of testing/finding out...
    Does anyone know how much these parts would cost on this laptop and if you can do these repairs yourself.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Take a flashlight to the screen and if you can see anything at any angle then its the screens back light that went out.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by HotDamn! View Post
    Take a flashlight to the screen and if you can see anything at any angle then its the screens back light that went out.
    With the laptop booted up and running l can see the webpages in direct light ....just.
    You mentioned it could be the screens back light, can l fix this or get a part for this, where is it and how can l test if l can to know this is the problem.....
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If you have a warranty then just contact the manufacture. If your warranty is up then it may get pricey from here.. You could look around on the internet, just type in your laptop brand and model searching for a screen, or take it to a computer tech and they will take care of you.
    Quote Quote