VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    I need to use just a section of a movie for church. It's only going to be about 15 to 30 seconds long. What's the best program for starting at a specific time, and ending at a specific time. And to make it playable for a power point presentation. If it stays in VOB form it should play on everything anyways.

I already have the original copy on my HDD.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    If it's from a standard dvd you can use dvd shrink in the reauthoring mode. And it saves as a vob.

Or else can you use mpg2cut2, videoredo, mpeg-vcr.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Yes, it's a standard dvd. I'll give them a try. Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    I'm having some trouble... I cut out what I wanted with DVD Shrink and saved it, and then I burned it to a blank CD since it's only a 25mb file.

It's in VOB format just like the original movie with no compression. I put the CD in the computer after the burn and nothing is there.

I have tried a few programs to burn it and nothing has worked. I choose the VIDEO_TS folder like I always do.

Any ideas?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You can't put dvd video files on a cd. For that they have to be converted to vcd format.

You have to use a dvdr to have it respond properly as a dvd.

Edit - depending on your playback equipment you could save it on a memory card. If you are playing back on a computer you can play it back that way. Some dvd players have usb support but are very picky about what type of compressed files they playback. You would not be able to simply play a vob on a memory stick. It would need to be converted to divx or something with the players specific requirements.

But if its simply a dvd you want then you have to use a dvd formatted properly. you can use the free imgburn app to do this.

Edit 2 - since you are using a computer you should be able to see the vob file on the disc. However you may not be able to play it properly depending on the software you are using. Try mediaplayerclassichomecinema or vlc. They should be less constrained on what type to playback. Open the file browser in either program and select the vob file off the cd and it should play it.

My notes above are for a regular settop dvd player.

Also was the cdr finalized? That might be a problem you are having.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Ally68 View Post
    II choose the VIDEO_TS folder like I always do.

Any ideas?
    Just take the VOB file that is inside the VIDEO_TS folder and convert it to a normal MPEG file.
    VOB2MPEG is the easiest.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I not quite sure I completely follow with the PPT and dvd combo. Are you wanting to the video to play from PPT/with-in PPT? If so just export your clip to wmv format and just embed it in the PPT itself. No disk required then. The video will then be automatically packed into the PPT file.

Bsulli
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    The computer at church should have a USB port, so I could put the file on a Flash Drive and then copy/paste it in the computer. That might be the easist solution.

I went ahead and converted the VOB file to MPEG.
    Last edited by hardy; 7th May 2010 at 10:26.
    Quote Quote