VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    I have problems playing recorded MTS files. I bought a 32 gb sdhc card for not so long ago on the web. It was a cheap SDHC card from China. Of the 113 recorded files the first 30 shots worked fine, but the remaining files are defective.
    No matter what clip I choose to play of the defective files, the same clip of 9 seconds duration is being played each time. Looking at the clips we see that the size of the files is different, as seen in the attached picture.
    I hava a Canon HF200 camcorder

Can any one help me with this problem?
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	405
Size:	295.2 KB
ID:	1730  

Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	411
Size:	285.8 KB
ID:	1731  

Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	379
Size:	291.0 KB
ID:	1732  

Quote Quote  
  2. In all likelihood you can forget about them. Your card is almost certainly fake, and probably only has a capacity of 2GB or so. The files that don't work simply don't exist on the card; they're just records on the master file table that point to non-existent locations on the card. In this case I'm guessing they all point to the same cut-off video file at the end of the card.

My conjecture is based on my own experience with a cheap 16GB SDHC from China via eBay. Everything past 1.8GB was just garbage data. My brother lost a whole load of overseas trip photos that way. Plus I never managed to get a refund since I only realized this months after I bought the card.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by creamyhorror View Post
    In all likelihood you can forget about them. Your card is almost certainly fake, and probably only has a capacity of 2GB or so. The files that don't work simply don't exist on the card; they're just records on the master file table that point to non-existent locations on the card. In this case I'm guessing they all point to the same cut-off video file at the end of the card.

My conjecture is based on my own experience with a cheap 16GB SDHC from China via eBay. Everything past 1.8GB was just garbage data. My brother lost a whole load of overseas trip photos that way. Plus I never managed to get a refund since I only realized this months after I bought the card.

Thanks for a quick response. I was afraid that was the problem
    Quote Quote  
  4. Hello,

Did you have any luck? My problems are very similiar. I can't express how much I hate these ebay vendors.

For some reason, the SD card keeps all the image files but the mts files can not be played. I tried upload them and got the error message: format error....
    Quote Quote  
  5. Hi ........

I have the same problem

I have a Canon HF20 camcorder and was quite pleased with the light use it had had. However six weeks ago we had the pleasure to visit the USA for my daughters wedding ceremony, where not surprisingly it was used quite a bit

Upon return we found a weird SD card problem.

the first 20 or so file play OK , but after that not matter how I load the files ( open with / double click ect) the same file (video clip) shows time after time! This happens if the files are played on the camcorder or after transfer to a PC

The files all show as different lengths with different names..... AND show up on the PC as a folder with 28.3 GB in

I presume it is a file table structure problem and not a corruption one ( I have recovered files from camera cards before).

Has any one any Ideas as to how I can sort out this mess ?

Thanks

Ralph
    Quote Quote  
  6. Yeap i to have had this problem... Always buy a reutable SD card...

None of these (never heard of) "wow so cheap" SD cards...

Same things happen with fake mp3 players to...
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    I have the same issue but I bought a kingston class C card, and used a Sony camcorder.

I can play the first 5, the MTS files in teh middle are currupt and I think the last 10 files have been overwritten with another more recently video recording.
    Quote Quote