VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello im not sure how to get rid of this i tried fft3dgpu(plane=3,sigma=30) to remove this noise as i thought it was color noise, but this didn't work, i tried deblocking and gradfunb and also adding grain but its still kinda visible.

the only thing i can do is darken it but then i lose the brightness from the rest of the picture, so i wanna keep this brightness and lose the artifact?

can someone tell me what type of noise it is so then i can search this forum myself thanks.

heres the pic i trimmed it to show the damage. Click image for larger version

Name:	noise1.png
Views:	305
Size:	35.4 KB
ID:	1724
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Just looks like compression artifacts to me...you don;t mention what the source video is and it's details
    Quote Quote  
  3. It's hard to tell anything from a resized screen cap. But it looks like posterization from overcompression or too much noise reduction.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Maybe it's MPEG-2 blocking that's been aggravated by re-compression at insufficient bitrate?

Not sure what would help to remove or hide it.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hi its the green bits i wanna remove no matter what color reduce i use it doesnt go away
    Quote Quote  
  6. But it doesn't look like typical noise, as the others have pointed out, it's probably compression artifacts in a dark area, where the encoder was bitrate starved and dropped bits

You might be able to mask it out or use an overlay , but it's tough to give suggestions on a crappy zoomed in screenshot
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i think i got rid of it with mcspuds but its very slow as hell is there anything similar to mcspuds? i tried fft3dfilter, dtfftest etc but didnt work like mcspuds.

mc_spuds(frames=2,strength=4)
    Quote Quote  
  8. What's it supposed to look like? Without any context how is anyone going to know?

Here's your image with an extreme contrast stretch and saturation stretch:

Click image for larger version

Name:	cont3.png
Views:	179
Size:	34.2 KB
ID:	1743 Click image for larger version

Name:	sat3.png
Views:	171
Size:	59.5 KB
ID:	1744

These are macroblock and posterization artifacts from too much compression. Especially in the chroma channels.
    Last edited by jagabo; 5th May 2010 at 18:04.
    Quote Quote