VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi!

I struggled a lot to find out how to view mpeg2 files directly from a SD card on my Panasonic G10. At last, I found this app that did the magic needed:
    https://www.videohelp.com/forum/archive/avchd-sd-card-on-panasonic-plasma-th-p42g10a-t370585.html

The movie shows up and my TV plays it. However, the playback of the movie(HD footage) does'nt run smoothly. My question is: Is it likely that the read-capasity of my SD card is too poor, and I need at new high end SD card to playback the movie smoothly?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. it might be either of those reasons

what are the specs of the mpeg2 file? you can use mediainfo. If the bitrate exceeds the rated class and transfer characteristics of the SD card, that card might not be adequate.

it could also be firmware versions, you could try a different version - you could check other forums that deal directly with your model that's probably the best place to look

also , what version of multiavchd? there were some major compliance changes a few days ago in a new release. So update and try again
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks for your help!

I'll feed the thread with my findings
    Quote Quote  
  4. I upgraded to the last version of MultiAVCHD and did the conversion once again => Same result

I guess the speed rates are next to be checked.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I do not really know the speed rates of my 2Gb Kingston SD card, but I bought a new 8Gb Apace SDHD Class 4 card. However, my card reader does'nt seem to support it... So, off I go to buy a new card reader that enables me to use the Panasonic SD card formatting software.

I'll feed the thread with my findings.
    Quote Quote  
  6. As far as I know, SD_VIDEO supports only SD video (720x480 and 720x576). That's your problem.
    Laugh and the world will laugh with you. Cry and you will be alone
    Quote Quote