VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    When I try to make an AVCHD disc with DVDslideshowGUI 0.9.3.6, the disc is unplayable in my Panasonic BD recorder (model DMR-BD500). I get a message "incompatible disc" when I try to play it. I am able to play discs made with most other software I have tried (eg PowerDirector, DVDMovieFactory, NeroVision, etc.)

Are there some settings I need to tweak? I know the bit rate should be less than 18000 kb/s for DVD medium.

Edit

I used MediInfo on the disc and it shows MPEG2 format, not AVC, and 23.976 fps not 25. I used 1080p 1920x1080x25 (16:9) project setting.
    Last edited by PeterDuke; 1st May 2010 at 21:37.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    the player usually has to have AVCHD on the front to support it
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    My player does say AVCHD. As I said, I am able to play AVCHD discs made with other software. The problem is that the disc made with DVDslideshowGUI is not compatible. After first posting, I found out that DVDslideshowGUI is making MPEG2 files, not MPEG4 AVC as required by the spec. My question then is how do I make MPEG4 AVC files with DVDslideshowGUI? Is it currently possible? Also I noticed that although I selected a preset with 25 fps, it made a video at 23.976. This looks like a bug, but probably is not causing the failure. The MPEG2 coding certainly is.

Should I be posting this question in the DVDslideshowGUI thread, do you think? (Currently over 1000 posts!)
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I think dvdslideshowgui only makes BLU-RAY video(mpeg2 is supported then) and not any avchd that is only avc/h264 video.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    You are right!

MediaInfo tells me that it is MPEG2. It has to be MPEG4 AVC (H.264). I could have sworn that I checked that..... (I have been testing so many slideshow programs lately. Sigh...)

Thanks anyway.
    Quote Quote  
  6. DSG can export as .avs script which a lot of converters can import. This way you can make whatever file you want. I haven't the possibillity to test Blu-Ray myself, so you'll have to search a converter yourself.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    Thanks for the suggestion.

Any chance that MPEG4 AVC (H.264) and AVCHD support will be included in DSG in the near future?
    Last edited by PeterDuke; 4th May 2010 at 05:52.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Nope, because it is very easy to export to avs and convert it to pretty much anything with one of the many ffmpeg GUIs.
    Quote Quote