Hi all,

We (my department) are looking to upgrade our solution for capturing from a live video source and encoding to Windows Media Video, Real Video as well as iPod-optimized MP4. Currently our encoding machines have ViewCast Osprey 210 and ADS Tech DVDXPressDX2 (USB, for use with the iPod MP4 encoding software) capture cards. We use a simple macro utility to initialize 3 different pieces of software to encode each file, which can be somewhat buggy/unreliable at times.

Ideally, we would like the following:

Ditch the DVDXPressDX2 cards, keep the Osprey 210s and find a software package that is compatible with them to encode all of the formats that we're shooting for and do away with the macro utility. A-la:

http://www.digital-rapids.com/Products/IndividualProducts/Stream%20Software.aspx

The only problem with that is, and correct me if I'm wrong, I believe their software only works (and is bundled with) their cards, the pricing of which is cost-prohibitive to us at the moment.

Any insight/ideas greatly appreciated.

P.S.
On an unrelated note, if an admin/mod sees this and can help me with changing my user name, that would be nice as I fat-fingered an extra 'g' in there