VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi everyone, does anyone have experience with an Easycap usb capture device?. I was getting very large files when I tried to transfer video from my VCR to computer. I left it and now am going to try again. If anyone is geeting excellent transfers with this unit I would welcome advice. I got the images onto the computer fine but the transfer ate so much disc space that the computer crashed, we are talking about 50 gig for about 30 to 45 minutes transfer. I think it is suppoed to be in the 13 Gig region for an hours video transfer. All advice and assistance welcomed.

Regards

Visionman
    Health IS the first Wealth------So do not strain your eyes!
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Sounds like you are capturing in uncompressed AVI.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks hech54, I will reinstall and give it another go with your comments in mind, thanks.
    Since my original post I have searched the site and a few posts have indicatred that this device is primarily a short capture device, ideal for uploading video onto the web. Don’t be surprised if you see a post regarding “whats a good pci capture card to buy “ Cheers.

visionman
    Health IS the first Wealth------So do not strain your eyes!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    the Easy cap should have no size limits...

You just need to capture in mpeg2 rather than the DV AVI you captured. There was probably no need to re-install it should be an option with the software you use when capturing
    Quote Quote  
  5. Full D1 (720x576, 25 fps) video capture as:

uncompressed RGB: 112 GB/hr
    uncompressed YUY2: 75 GB/hr
    DV: 13 GB/hr

With MJPEG or MPEG compression the size will vary depending on the quality/bitrate chosen.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by visionman View Post
    Hi everyone, does anyone have experience with an Easycap usb capture device?. I was getting very large files when I tried to transfer video from my VCR to computer. I left it and now am going to try again. If anyone is geeting excellent transfers with this unit I would welcome advice. I got the images onto the computer fine but the transfer ate so much disc space that the computer crashed, we are talking about 50 gig for about 30 to 45 minutes transfer. I think it is suppoed to be in the 13 Gig region for an hours video transfer. All advice and assistance welcomed.

Regards

Visionman
    does this usb work good? i see its really cheap but bad reviews. also im on win 7
    Quote Quote