VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. how do i make .srt files into permanent movies.

i can get the subtitles to work when the video file is in the same folder as the .srt file but i want to load my videos with subtitles onto youtube.

i have tried using ffdshow ,, ,vobsub ,, and TMPGenc which all have long long lengthy instructions on different forums with bits missing but ultimately they dont work!

help
    Quote Quote  
  2. YouTube allows for separate and selectable subtitles from SRT subs. After uploading your video there's a box to check for uploading the subs.

If that's not enough well, you didn't really tell us anything about the source videos you want to add the subs to. If DVD or another AVI, AutoGK does a good job. Here's Baldrick's guide:

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/256625-How-to-add-permanent-subtitles-with-AutoGK-a...I-DivX-or-XviD

For other kinds of videos, it might help if you told us what kinds you're trying to sub. I'd recommend XviD4PSP, but wouldn't want to be blamed after you couldn't make it work.
    ...but ultimately they dont work!
    That's right, there's no way any of your problems could be your fault, but have to be the fault of the guide writers.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I wouldn't necessarily rule out user error, but to be fair some of the guides on other websites and forums do leave out critical information and less experienced people may not have enough experience to fill in the gaps on their own.
    Quote Quote  
  4. its ok ive done it.

but now i want to cut out the audio on a video and replace it with different audio i am trying it with AVS video editor but i dont know how to do it.

help.
    Quote Quote  
  5. What kind of video? What kind of audio?
    Quote Quote