VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I know monsters vs aliens is the only 3-d movie out right now on bluray, but I was wondering is there any news that this will be possible. or is it wishfull thinking.
    thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    3D TVs require Bluray players that are 3D spec certified to play back the new 3D discs. Many current players can be firmware upgraded to meet this spec. However this means that there is something in the authoring and something in the playback device required to allow playback of these discs. This also means that the MKV container would have to support whatever is in the video, and the mkv player would have to be able to send the right signals through to the TV.

So in the short term, even if the MKV container supported the format, no players do. I would not be holding my breath waiting for this to change quickly.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Well I have a htpc, all I would need to do is upgrade my video card. and I have a front projector that is capable of playing 3-d images
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    What do you mean by 3D. The new 3D discs require a TV that is 3D capable and the use of LCD glasses that sync wirelessly with the TV under the control of the player.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Well I have a 3-d tv, all i need to do is upgrade my video card in my htpc for 3d capability, and I will need some active shutter glasses. The dlp front projectors have a thing called dlp link, so with proper glasses the link should be automatic.

so I take it this technology is too new to know if there an be 3-d mkv? I might just wait and see.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by dave_o View Post
    Well I have a 3-d tv, all i need to do is upgrade my video card in my htpc for 3d capability, and I will need some active shutter glasses. The dlp front projectors have a thing called dlp link, so with proper glasses the link should be automatic.

so I take it this technology is too new to know if there an be 3-d mkv? I might just wait and see.
    Need not to wait, THE CAPABLE SWEDISH BOYS HAVE MANAGED IT! 3D BD converted into single MKV, and AVI, VMW .....file
    I was after the info from:

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/320092-3d-blu-ray-to-mkv-avi-or-anything-how

and these HD files are playable on PC in 3D. It recalls me begining of DIVX/XVID decades ago. And what is more, these files
    after conversion can be spread among masses and play for those who do not have expensive Active shutter Glasses etc. 120Htz hardware technology (but also possible), depends only on chosen output 3D system from software players (Stereoscopic Player -paied, or Stereo Movie Maker -free). Anaglyphes, or passive polarised googles, or many others ....are possible (even mentioned new 3D active shutter technology, if you own compatible Nvidia chips set + 120hz 3DMonitor).
    Now it depends on the course of development of 3D HD movie files. Of course, as I understood the 3D satelite streams, can be converted. Good work!
    Quote Quote  
  7. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    So how do you make it to one mkv? Isn't it just two video tracks in the m2ts? No I don't want to register on another site. .
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    No, it is only one video file (H.264) , and of course one audio file (MPA). That is REVOLUTIONARY!!!
    Here is their 200 MB file in wanted Maroska format, downloaded yesterday from their web without registration.
    Originaly it was in MTS, but I recontainered it in most used MKV format. Stereo Movie Maker does not play me MKV,
    but Stereoscopic Player does:

http://uloz.to/4996703/bolts-and-blip.track-309.mkv

tommorow I will delete this mkv sample from ULOZ.TO
    Quote Quote