VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,

I wanted to know about the mediaplayer WDTV's capability, as to the SQ and PQ.

I am thinking of storing a few classics on an external hard disc, thereby connecting to LCD via the WDTV media player. A few queries:

Will I be able to play blue ray content if stored on the Hard disc.

Would I be able to hook the system to my A/V system which comprises of a standard 5.1 set up (Amp is Denon 1604, Tower speakers with a sub). I assume that the DVD player is bypassed in the above scenario.

How would you rate sound quality and picture quality through WDTV media player as compared to a conventional DVD with 5.1/DTS encoding. Does a lot more is desired from the media player set-up. Or are they on par.

Pl let me know

Regards, JAYANT.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by jayantadak View Post
    Will I be able to play blue ray content if stored on the Hard disc.
    Yes.

Originally Posted by jayantadak View Post
    Would I be able to hook the system to my A/V system which comprises of a standard 5.1 set up (Amp is Denon 1604, Tower speakers with a sub).
    Yes, via optical or HDMI.

Originally Posted by jayantadak View Post
    How would you rate sound quality and picture quality through WDTV media player as compared to a conventional DVD with 5.1/DTS encoding.
    In your scenario your amp will be doing the decoding of 5.1 AC3. Check on DTS -- I'm not sure the older WDTV will stream DTS to the amp. The newer WDTV Live will.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanx for your quick informative reply.

Regards, JAYANT, India
    Quote Quote