VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I read on another thread about a 700MB Linux CD that can repair a virus infested XP Windows.
    See:
    http://virushelp.forumotion.com/security-software-f3/clean-an-infected-computer-with-u...boot-cd-t5.htm
    According to this website, this Linux CD can run Avast and Malwarebytes on Windows without being in Windows.
    This sounds pretty good to me, because if my computer is screwed up, I'd rather not be in Windows when I try to repair it.
    I downloaded the 700 iso file, (see screenshot), but I'm not sure what to do with it. Should I just burn the 700MB iso to a CD, or should I choose some folder/file inside and burn that?
    Also, do you think this Linux CD is the best way to repair a virus infested Windows (except for restore image)?
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard01.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	93.7 KB
ID:	1556  

Last edited by jimdagys; 26th Apr 2010 at 06:55.
    Quote Quote  
  2. ImgBurn: Write image file to disc
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    ImgBurn: Write image file to disc
    That is not what he asked.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by jimdagys View Post
    Should I just burn the 700MB iso to a CD, or should I choose some folder/file inside and burn that?
    Also, do you think this Linux CD is the best way to repair a virus infested Windows (except for restore image)?
    Yes(burn it to a CD). If your computer is set up correctly....when the CD is in the drive, the computer will start and run with the operating system that is contained on the CD. That might require a minor adjustment in the BIOS to how your computer "starts up"...but many times not.
    Quote Quote  
  5. There is a geeky but excellent tutorial at:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUkP0GMBg0s
    on how to use this Linux CD.
    I'm going to try booting into Linux and scan with Avast and Malwarebytes (following the directions in the tutorial).
    Quote Quote