VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ok this problem is really weird..i hope this is the right place for my post.

i first got it on my old comp..i have 10 avi files that i need to convert to DVD so the problem is that my comp initially didn't have a problem converting them..then all of a sudden now whenever i convert the resulting disk cant play on normal DVD players..

the problem isn't with the software as iv tried transferring the AVI files to different computers and still they will not convert..
    it doesnt work both with convert x and dvd architect..plus iv tried re-installing windows alot of times.

the problem isnt the AVI files as iv converted the same files to more than 500 dvd's

Iv scanned my comp using karspersky and there's no virus.

I've used the ''fix error'' function of windows without any luck

the first time i saw this problem was last year and i had to sell my comp though i retained my 250gb hhd and bought a new 500gb one..after purchasing the new one the problem went away

now I'm back to square one.....

I'm not getting any error message and everything else is working perfectly.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by thomeski View Post

the problem isnt the AVI files as iv converted the same files to more than 500 dvd's
    Is there some reason that you can't just borrow one of those 500 DVDs and copy it rather than attempting, again, to do this conversion? Do you do this conversion every time you make one of those DVDs? If so, that really is not a great plan.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    you say it isn't the avi ... yet you also say they won't convert on other PCs ... (software unknown, whether you just copied "problem s/w" to those PCs too) ... do the avi's play ? what sort of avi's - what does mediainfo tell you ?

edit: hang on ... copying to 500 DVD's ? Sounds quite like an illegal replication operation.
    Quote Quote