VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Is there any program which allows me to see which font, size and color is used in the DVD?
    I want to add a subtitle to my DVD, but I can't seem to find good settings for it.
    So, I wanted to somehow copy that from existing project and add it in mine.

I know it is possible to copy the pallete color with txt2sup or SubtitleCreator by loading .ifo, and I did that, but I want to do the same for the font and size. The ones in existing project is good-looking, but mine's not so good.

Maybe I need to demux subpicture streams and somehow measure the size and see by the eye which font is used (though, I can do that with any player), but I do not see any other solution.

Any help is appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You can take a screenshot from the dvd image subtitles(maybe with dvdsubedit or dvd player and use the prtscn-button on your keyboard) and use whatthefont, http://new.myfonts.com/WhatTheFont/ .
    Quote Quote  
  3. I used DVDSubEdit's zoom option to take a screenshot of the subtitle, and I uploaded it to WhatTheFont, but it seems it doesn't recognize it. It asks me this:
    Look at each image below and make sure the text box agrees with the character highlighted in the image. Leave character boxes blank if no valid character is highlighted.
    The problem is, nothing is highlighted. When I leave blank, it says I have to go back and fill in the text box.

Edit: I found out. It's Arial.
    Last edited by Charmer; 5th May 2010 at 08:50.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Are there any more tools for creating a .sup file of .srt or any other textual subtitle and which one is the most advanced, I'm not going to say "the best".

Thanks.
    Last edited by Charmer; 5th May 2010 at 08:49.
    Quote Quote