VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I've been doing some experimenting with Avisynth to take advantage of its deinterlacing to facilitate better deshaking since I've been advised the Thalen Deshaker will work better on progressive, deinterlaced avi's. Further I've been advised it's better to convert to a lossless codec such as Huffyuv to avoid degredation from processing.

My source video is 16:9 DV, however it appears that when converting this to Huffyuv, it doesn't retain the 16:9 AR. Eventually I want to burn a DVD and obviously retain the original 16:9 AR. How would I accomplish this? I tried reconverting to DV but it creates artifacts in the reconverted video.

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. HuffYUV has no facility for flagging PAR or DAR. You just tell your MPEG encoder later on that the HuffYUV video is 16:9 PAR/DAR.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    HuffYUV has no facility for flagging PAR or DAR. You just tell your MPEG encoder later on that the HuffYUV video is 16:9 PAR/DAR.
    I looked for something like this in TMPGenc but don't see where it's located.

-A few seconds later-

Nevermind, I'm blind, it's right on the first screen.

Thanks!
    Last edited by brassplyer; 24th Apr 2010 at 22:28.
    Quote Quote  
  4. In TMPGEnc Plus, the source file's aspect ratio is on the Advanced tab as "Source Aspect Ratio". Set that to "16x9 525 line NTSC". Then on the Video tab you select the output AR to "16:9 Display". If the two don't match it will convert the AR (eg, lettebox an 16:9 source into a 4:3 output).
    Quote Quote