VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Basically what I want to do is rip a blu ray file, and cut out commercials/trailers using TSDoctor, make some audio edits, and then put that file back onto the same disc

Would this be possible? Would the quality be preserved?

Or, do I need to use another disc for this to work?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by FatalX View Post
    put that file back onto the same disc

Would this be possible?
    No.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    like hech implied, you can do all that but burning to another disc would be required

if it was a re-writable blu-ray disc to begin with then you could put it back on the same disc
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I see, so Id have to get another blank blu ray disc and then place the file on that?

How exactly would it work if I put more than one file onto the blu ray disc? Would I just select the file to play when putting it in?
    Quote Quote  
  5. No, you'd have to author a new BD disc. That means creating a structure that adheres to the Blu-Ray specs, and which a set-top player will recognize. If you go mucking up the files, I can almost guarantee the disc won't play.

For freeware, you're limited. A couple are tsMuxer and multiAVCHD, the latter can create simple menus as well. Someone else can comment on payware BD authoring software.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Oh ok, too much of a pain I guess lol, itd be just simpler to edit the file and put it on a USB or something
    Quote Quote  
  7. Nah, it's not difficult. Here's what I do with my HD-PVR captures:

1) Edit out the adverts with tsSniper. Export a new *.ts (transport stream). Never used tsDoctor, but I assume it's similar, i.e. it exports a TS file.

2) Load into tsMuxer. (I dislike menus, so I use that most times). Choose either AVCHD or Blu-Ray if you want the disc to be playable on a set-top player. By default chapters will be created every 5 minutes, but you can make a new custom list. Mux it.

3) Burn the BDMV and CERTIFICATE folders to disc with ImgBurn.

Good luck.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote