VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    As the title suggests, I'm looking for a freeware application that can rip each episode of a TV DVD into individual vob files so that I can then use StaxRip to batch convert to x264. I've tried DVD Decrypter and PGC.net but these will only do one PGC or episode at a time, I want to be able to set up the whole disk for ripping and then walk away. I've tried DVDFab which does what I want it to but the module that does the DVD to VOB Passthrough is in a trial period, so it will run out soon. I tried vob2mpg which also does what I want but it is really slow. It says that the pro version is 3x faster but you have to pay for that one. Is there a free alternative to do this at good speeds and easily?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    vob2mpg slow? how slow? Runs pretty fast here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ok just did a speed test between DVDFab and vob2mpg. Yeah you're right, not much different. I've been doing a lot encoding lately and maybe when I tested vob2mpg every other time I had an encode going in the back ground which effected the rip time. It took nearly 4 times as long the last time and that's why I said it was slow. Sorry for wasting everyones time.
    On another note, is it possible to rip each episode without the subtitle stream in vob2mpg?
    Quote Quote