VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. if i clip up a section in videoredo, and then want to re-edit that clip into multiple other clips, will the reediting lose quality from the original edit? also which h264 container should i be saving in to have the maximum quality, i have h264 transport stream or m2ts or what?

also, if i am using uncompressed formats when editing in an editing program, when authoring as a bluray it will decrease the quality considerably? if my footage is 1080... im authoring in videostudio
    cheers
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Working in reverse order

1. Maybe. If you use a quality encoder with appropriate settings and a high bitrate then you most likely will not suffer any significant drop in quality, and to people who have not lived with the footage up close like you have, it will look fine. If you try to put it on a DVD at bluray resolution (i.e. AVCHD) then yes, you will notice a hit because the bitrate will be substantially lower than bluray needs or allows.

2. Container makes no different to quality if you aren't re-encoding. The container is just that - a box to put the video in.

3. VideoRedo only re-encodes the GOPs that you cut. Everything else remains untouched. In theory, if you keep making a lot of cuts in the same GOP you might get some degradation, but just making a second trim is unlikely to make a huge difference, and it will only affect a small number of frames.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote