VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello,
    wondering if anyone might be willing/able to help w/this - want to merge multiple small .mov files into one (NOT convert) via Toast 10, possible?

B
    Quote Quote  
  2. mpeg2works will do that as will QT pro but you'll have to do it manually with quicktime
    Quote Quote  
  3. thanks much, will give it a try.

B
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    MPEG Streamclip (free) should let you do this. Alternatively, zombie's advice about QuickTime (Player 7) is good but you'll need to pay for Apple's QuickTime Pro (not the MPEG2 codec, just the "Pro" which turns on otherwise disabled settings (which you'll see in the menus).
    Quote Quote  
  5. Hey guys, thanks again for the quick response with help, but am having another small issue: I'm running Snow Leopard v10.6.3 and can't load QT7 as QTX is installed, also looks like mpeg2works is only compatible up to Leopard. Guess I should've mentioned os before, and that I'm looking to merge the small .mov files into one larger one and then burn to DVD via Toast 10. So, with all that being said, is this possible?

B
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Boru View Post
    I'm running Snow Leopard v10.6.3 and can't load QT7 as QTX is installed
    You may have both installed. There are many good reasons to do so, Pro functionality being one of them.
    http://support.apple.com/kb/ht3678
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    MPEG Streamclip will let you batch process files and combine them into one.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Thanks again all, got that problem solved now have another: looking to convert wmv to mov, any good freeware out there?

B
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Boru View Post
    Thanks again all, got that problem solved now have another: looking to convert wmv to mov, any good freeware out there?

B
    Again, the Flip4Mac WMV components (free, from Microsoft) and MPEG Streamclip.
    Quote Quote