VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. hi.

i need to join a couple of short .wmvs but to date i have been unable to find a video tool for macintosh that allows me to do that. i hope i havenīt overread anything in the manuals i checked on this forum. any of you knows of an application for mac os x to join .wmvs?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You'd probably get more answers to Mac specific questions in our Mac Forum. Moving you.

And welcome to our forums.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Does the resulting compilation need to remain a wmv or will you consider transcoding to mp4?
    Last edited by rumplestiltskin; 17th Apr 2010 at 15:58. Reason: clarity, spelling.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by extremelyclueless View Post
    hi.

i need to join a couple of short .wmvs but to date i have been unable to find a video tool for macintosh that allows me to do that. i hope i havenīt overread anything in the manuals i checked on this forum. any of you knows of an application for mac os x to join .wmvs?
    [url=http://www.telestream.net/flip4mac-wmv/wmv-studio.htm]WMV Studio.[url]
    Once installed, You simply open the files into Quicktime PRO,
    Edit if necessary, and then export the files as one composite wmv file.
    (or any other file type)
    "Everyone has to learn, so that they can one day teach."
    ------------------------------------------------------
    When I'm not here, Where can I be found?
    Urban Mac User
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by rumplestiltskin View Post
    Does the resulting compilation need to remain a wmv or will you consider transcoding to mp4?
    Rumple,

actually, if I donīt lose quality I would prefer to convert it to .mp4. I remember you giving me some good advice quite a while ago, so what do you suggest this time?

In case you will suggest Flip4Mac, I have problems launching it since it keeps falsely claiming that I do not have QuickTime Player installed (-> https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/319795-problem-launching-Flip4Mac-wmv-StudioPro-on-a-MacBook-Pro)

Originally Posted by terryj View Post
    [url=http://www.telestream.net/flip4mac-wmv/wmv-studio.htm]WMV Studio.[url]
    Once installed, You simply open the files into Quicktime PRO,
    Edit if necessary, and then export the files as one composite wmv file.
    (or any other file type)
    I would give it a try if only I could find a .dmg with Quicktime Pro somewhere. All I get is .exes and I am not going to get the old dusty windows machine out of the basement just for this ...
    Last edited by extremelyclueless; 22nd Apr 2010 at 04:36.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Make sure your Flip4Mac components (the free package you can download from Microsoft) are updated. Use MPEG Streamclip's Batch List to add the videos and convert them all to MP4 (H264) at whatever bitrate, size, etc. you require. Be sure to check the "Join all files" checkbox in the dialog.

Let us know how it goes.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by rumplestiltskin View Post
    Make sure your Flip4Mac components (the free package you can download from Microsoft) are updated. Use MPEG Streamclip's Batch List to add the videos and convert them all to MP4 (H264) at whatever bitrate, size, etc. you require. Be sure to check the "Join all files" checkbox in the dialog.

Let us know how it goes.
    that sounds good. MPEGstreamclip i already have, right now i am downloading the most recent version directly from microsoftīs site. didnīt know it was MS.

what i do not understand at all is what you mean by using MPEGstreamclipīs batch list. i suppose itīs the list that MPEGstreamclip keeps track of when playing a number of videos in a row. however, i have no clue how i could possibly "export" this list to another program, if thatīs what you are referring to. besides, since MPEGstreamclip does not open these .wmvs, how can i possibly get them to into the batch list?

may i, with a wink at my user name, ask for some elaboration
    Quote Quote