VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I received a DVD rar with video_ts folder content over 7 GB
    There is also a following file, which makes me suspicious about content entirety, as torrent clients may leave blanks when interrupted.

~uTorrentPartFile_xx6Dx08xF.dat
    (named partially changed for owner's privacy)

How to check vob files against possible small "blank" parts, when there is no time nor interest to watch whole over 2 h content?

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Without some sort of error checking built into the .rar file, such as .par files, no way I am aware to be able to see if you have a complete file, except for playing it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parchive Many of the people that re-encode and put up movie torrents really have no idea what they are doing from what I have seen of those types of files.

That particular type of .dat file is a reference to a file in the torrent that was deselected to be downloaded. Since torrent files are split into many parts, some files span more than one part. When you deselect a file, uTorrent still has to download parts that have pieces of that deselected file in order to complete the rest of the download. Having a partfile.dat doesn't mean that you don't have the main torrent file. Sorry if that isn't too clear. I don't use uTorrent that often.
    Quote Quote