VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I recently purchased a Hauppauge HD PVR 1212 to record footage from my Xbox 360.

I have the device plugged in but am having some difficulties.

When I have the Xbox 360 Video set to TV (the part of the Component Cables that plugs into the 360 has a slider that goes to TV or HDTV) the video works fine.

The problem is that when it is set to TV I am only getting standard definition 480i.

When I switch the 360 to HDTV I can hear the audio but get a black screen. I am sure I have everything plugged in correctly because like I said if I switch the back of the component back to TV the video and audio come up perfect.

Does anyone have any solutions to this problem?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I found a solution!!!

One thing that had me stumped for a bit was connecting the HD PVR to the Xbox 360. After a successful test with my cable box, all I got was a black screen with the console. When I took the component cables out from the HD PVR and plugged it back into the TV, the picture came up fine. It took me about ten minutes but I checked the Xbox 360 setting and sure enough it was set at 1080p. Since the HD PVR can only take up to a 1080i connection, it wasn't able to detect the signal from the Xbox 360. After changing to 720p I finally was able to get sound and picture on the computer and through the pass through of the HD PVR. If you're going to connect the HD PVR to the PlayStation 3, you might want to take that into account as well and lower the resolution to fit the HD PVR specifications.
    Quote Quote