VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Does anybody know how to add an extra audio track to a retail DVD without removing the menus or anything. I would prefer to use a single program to get the job done if possible.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Follow Method 2 of Baldrick's guide here:

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/277950-How-to-add-new-subtitles-to-an-existing-DVD

It's for adding subs to a DVD, but the principle's the same when adding an audio track. You'll be using more than one program to get the job done, though.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ok, thanks. I'll look into it.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm just practicing at the moment but I'm at the part where it says "(Optional) Add back the original menus". Basically, what I'm trying to do is replace the second audio track of a DBZ episode with another. The ISO is from one of the remastered widescreen DVDs. When I click on replace and open the VTS_01_01.ifo from the Muxman output I get this error saying "IFO has more than one PGC: unsupported". Is there anyway around this?

Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i don't think vobblanker has support for multi angle dvd's, which it looks like you have. You would have to strip one of the angles first and produce a new output, then do the whole audio replacing again. And then you can work vobblanker into the process.
    Last edited by Pinstripes23; 14th Apr 2010 at 20:21.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Got ya.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by Pinstripes23 View Post
    i don't think vobblanker has support for multi angle dvd's, which it looks like you have. You would have to strip one of the angles first and produce a new output, then do the whole audio replacing again. And then you can work vobblanker into the process.
    Yep, and you (Nagashi) probably got a warning upon opening the DVD in VobBlanker in the first place. If you're keeping the angles, what you want to do is virtually impossible to accomplish.

If you want to strip one of the angles and then try again, open the DVD in PGCEdit, double-click on the video and hit the 'Del Angles' button. Follow the instructions, save your work, and then run the resulting DVD through FixVTS. After that you should be able to replace an audio track as you wanted originally. The whole process, though, may be more trouble than its worth, especially for someone that was looking for a 1-click solution to begin with.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I tried adding a third audio and subtitle track to another DVD and everything went smoothly! Thanks a lot. This is the first time I've ever edited a DVD, so I didn't think I would've been able to do it for a minute there, lol. Also, Baldrick's guide is truly a work of art! If a newbie like me can do it, then anybody can. And thanks for the info about deleting angles. I'll definitely remember that one. Cheers!
    Quote Quote