VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Just received my Diamond TV Wonder 750 USB. I have ATI Catalyst Control Center 10.3 installed, plus the ATI Theater 10.3 Drivers.

I did not do anything with the Diamond CD that came with the card as of yet. Should I install this or not? There didn't seem to be a newer version than 1.0 (same as CD) on Diamond's website. I am mainly using this device for capturing, but I might as well get it working for the TV Tuner as well.

Aside from VirtualDub and whatever codec's I plan to use, is there anything else I need to make sure this is setup properly?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Anyone?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Whether you need anything from the disc depends on the PVR software you want to use to set up the tuner(s). There are other choices available, but the manufacturer supplies Catalyst Media Center on the CD. If you want to use Catalyst Media Center as your PVR software, and the disc doesn't contain latest version, there is a patch here: http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/41344-ATICatalystMediaCenUpdat.aspx (Catalyst Media Center has to be installed from the CD before you can apply the patch.)

[Edit] If your version of Windows 7 has Media Center, that would be a better choice for your PVR software, based on my experience with both CMC and Windows 7 Media center. Plus, I'm not sure how well CMC will work for a 64 bit OS. It is fairly old software, and I only have a 32-bit version of Windows 7 to try it with.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 15th Apr 2010 at 20:00.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I only installed the Catalyst software from AMD's website. Works great for capture via virtualdub; works great for PVR from Media Center 7.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I have got 750 USB and installed 10.4 Drivers from AMD website on Windows 7 X64 machine. When i try to use Virtualdub (1.9.9-64), it freezes. I just went into capture AVI screen, selected Capture device, then it freezes. I need to reboot to get out it. How ever it works perfect from Windows Media Center. Any ideas, to fix this. Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by sreebang View Post
    I have got 750 USB and installed 10.4 Drivers from AMD website on Windows 7 X64 machine. When i try to use Virtualdub (1.9.9-64), it freezes. I just went into capture AVI screen, selected Capture device, then it freezes. I need to reboot to get out it. How ever it works perfect from Windows Media Center. Any ideas, to fix this. Thanks.
    When I went to Virtualdub's homepage, I saw even its developer is having some difficulties getting the 750 USB to work for him under some circumstances. Maybe you need to find a different capture program to use until he can figure out how to get it working reliably with his program. Unfortunately, I don't have any suggestions for you.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 12th May 2010 at 19:45.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Sorry for bumping an old thread.

I have an ATI Radeon HD5770 video card. Diamond's site says that if you pair the Theater 750 USB with an ATI card, you'll get "accelerated transcoding speed". Is this only true if you use the Catalyst Media Center? I would like to use the Theater 750 USB with SnapStream Beyond TV since I already have that.

I'm replacing a hauppauge HVR-1950 which hasn't worked out so well for me.
    Quote Quote