VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm new to Bluray ripping, but I recently ripped a Bluray for use on a pc and also for playback on a stand alone media player. I've done it a few times before and there has always been a "main" .m2ts file which I've just played and has contained the whole movie. This time around I have several smaller .m2ts files and by themselves they only play a small section of the movie. Do I need to join these together in some way so I can play them?
    Last edited by Baldrick; 14th Apr 2010 at 09:39. Reason: New title
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Yep, you must join them together. You can use clown_bd, tonmt or makemkv and make single ts/m2ts or mkv from the blu-ray m2ts files. Or use bdinfo to identify the playlist that is the main movie and then open that playlist(.mpls) in tsmuxer, save as new single ts/m2ts.

And I changed your thread title.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thankyou

I will look into the things you suggested, starting with bdinfo and then if that doesn't resolve it I will use one of the other programs to make a single .m2ts.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Okay, I found the biggest .mpls file in BdInfo, chose to remux it to .m2ts there are a load of audio files, for different languages which I unticked as I dont need them. It is currently plugging away but in the ouput window I can see error messages, namely : "No FPS detected" and "DTS-HD Stream - Overlap detected at blah blah blah", several of those in fact. Is this normal?
    Last edited by Mr Flibble; 14th Apr 2010 at 10:17.
    Quote Quote  
  5. No FPS detected: Nothing to worry about.

DTS-HD Stream: May be a problem, especially if you intend to re-encode, for example to BD 5/9.

Arcsoft and Sonic DTS decoders ($) can handle DTS-HD; if you don't have either of those, ffdshow will use libavcodec, which cannot decode *all* the information in DTS-HD, or True-HD, for that matter.

Assuming you're using tsMuxer, let it finish and test it for sync. You may have to extract the main movie with ClownBD (an eac3to GUI), and re-encode the audio to AC3. eac3to will re-encode and re-sync the audio.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  6. Thanks for your help. The audio appears to be in sync, however the largest .mpls file I chose to remux turned out to be a directors cut with sections of talking at intervals. I have since tried the second largest .mpls file, which is only the movie, everthing is in sync - but now there are a couple of scenes missing from what I can see.

Edit - at the moment I'm just trying to preserve full English HD and main movie, I'm not interested in re-encoding.
    Quote Quote