VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a WDTV Live that I use to watch my DVD's & Blu-rays. I use DVD Shrink for my standard DVD's. I have had a couple of music DVD's have issues not starting at the beginning of the movie. I am using the uncompressed ISO file that DVD Shrink makes when you use back-up. This has only happened to a couple of these music DVD's. I have tried redoing it several times with same result. Movie does not start at the beginning. I am uses ANYDVD also. I want the best quality file I can get for my WDTV Live. The ISO's are anywhere from 3gb to 8gb in size. Should I use some other software for my standard DVD backup files? Or should I try and convert to a different format then ISO. My WDTV plays the ISO fine. Just some movies don't start right. When I play the ISO's on my PC with VLC player they start at beginning and play fine.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I would start by disabling DVDShrink's encrypting capabilities first if you are running AnyDVD in the background. I've never run into that problem but you never know. DVDShrink has not been updated in YEARS so do not count on it to decrypt your DVDs very well.
    Make sure AnyDVD is updated.
    "Best Quality" means a straight rip - 1 to 1 copy of your DVD.....DVDShrink can also do that. It doesn't need to shrink.
    AnyDVD can also "rip to image"(ISO File).
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by hech54 View Post
    I would start by disabling DVDShrink's encrypting capabilities first if you are running AnyDVD in the background. I've never run into that problem but you never know. DVDShrink has not been updated in YEARS so do not count on it to decrypt your DVDs very well.
    Make sure AnyDVD is updated.
    "Best Quality" means a straight rip - 1 to 1 copy of your DVD.....DVDShrink can also do that. It doesn't need to shrink.
    AnyDVD can also "rip to image"(ISO File).

I can't find were it has a update button for DVD shrink. I am running 3.2 is this the latest. Tried disabling encryption had same result. Is there another software I can use to back up my standard DVD's to a uncompressed file?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  4. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    AnyDVD is backing them up to a uncompressed file if you 'Rip Video DVD to Harddisk' or 'Rip to Image...'
    3.2 is the last version of Shrink. But you don't need Shrink at all if you want a uncompressed DVD backup. Just use AnyDVD.
    Quote Quote