VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Rendr is a Digital Media Receiver (Network Media Player) application disc for your Blu-ray player. Simply insert the Rendr disc into your Blu-ray player and it converts your Blu-ray player into a Digital Media Receiver. It can play all your photos, music, personal videos, and movies on the Blu-ray player directly from your computers. Your photos come alive in full HD resolution on your HDTV. Your music is played with full digital fidelity. Your personal video memories and movies are always ready to be played on your HDTV.

With Rendr, there is no need to buy a dock for your iPod. There is no need to burn discs or flip through stacks and stacks of discs. It never runs out of storage. It brings all media you have on your computers to your HDTV.

Rendr requires a BD Live capable player, a home network, and a Windows (7/Vista/XP), Mac (OS X), or Linux PC. Install and run PS3 Media Server – Rendr Edition, a free software, on your PC. Then, simply insert Rendr disc into the player - no installation is needed.

When running, Rendr displays a screen similar to the one shown here on your HDTV. Use Blu-ray player's remote control to browse through your computers and their folders. Simply press remote control's OK (or Enter) to go into a folder or play a media item. You will find Rendr operation to be very simple and intuitive. Rendr also fetches software updates automatically from our server, so it never gets obsolete.

Features
    • Streams videos and movies to your HDTV at the best possible audio and video quality supported by your player. If a video format is not supported by your Blu-ray player, it will convert it on-the-fly with excellent quality and play it on your HDTV. You will be hard pressed to find any degradation on these converted videos. But if you prefer professional quality conversion, a single key on remote control will convert a video or movie to a professional quality version compatible with your player.
    • Streams all music, including iTunes, to your audio system. An audio format not supported by your player is converted on-the-fly to a higher quality format supported by your player. It can play one track, whole album, or whole folders, in sequence or at random.
    • Displays all pictures, no matter how large, to your HDTV. It can show one picture or a whole folder, in sequence or at random.
    Getting Started
    Remote Control Key Guide
    Best Practices and Limitations
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    According to this, it needs some work:

http://www.rayinblu.com/compatibility-and-limitations

You want me to plunk down $20 for software that cannot work for the machine I have? They should list what players they have tested the software on that it will work....
    Last edited by oldfart13; 11th Apr 2010 at 22:00.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by oldfart13 View Post
    According to this, it needs some work:

http://www.rayinblu.com/compatibility-and-limitations

You want me to plunk down $20 for software that cannot work for the machine I have? They should list what players they have tested the software on that it will work....
    The issues are the players who put "BD Live" logo on their players without actually having that functionality fully functional.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    My Curtis DVD 1102 is supposed to be fully functional BD Live profile 2.0. The firmware however seems to be incomplete as I don't seem to connect to anything (though the unit comes up with a message about being able to connect to Netflix and other services). When I plug it into my router, it identifies the player and router IP addresses right away. I've never put a disc in that has BD Live content though since I'm not very interested in any of it at all. Maybe I'll have to seek one out just to make sure it works. I notice that the Curtis and Momitsu players aren't on that list. Is there an updated list of players the disc will work on? The old one onsite seems to be many months old.
    Quote Quote  
  5. We are regularly testing players but we haven't yet tested Curtis DVD 1102. If a player meets BD Live, we are sure that our disc will work with it.

We test players in order of their popularity. My quick shopping search for Curtis DVD 1102 did not find any vendors for it on google, amazon, and yahoo shopping.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Try Momitsu 799 as it is a clone of that player. Those Momitsu players are very popular as they can play any region discs either SD DVD or Blu Ray. The latest firmware update for it however removes the ability to play any other region discs. Maybe it's good that the player isn't widely known. The Sherwood, Hiteker, etc. are also clones of Momitsu players. There is much online information on those players.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Thanks for the info. Knowing that several players are clones makes it more important for us to test them. Just added them to priority list.
    Quote Quote