So if try to stream ANY mp4 (x264) with AAC audio generates very bad stutter. This happens with both WMP12 or PS3 Media server (not transcoding). Any other file format works great: AVI with mp3, x264 with dolby ( using ps3 server transcoding ), x264 with no audio, etc. But once i mux a acc track, it all goes to crap.

I am not very familiar with how the ps3 needs or handles mp4, buts every solution i have tried have failed. This is what i have done so far ( using MeGUI)

1) Tried to encode the same video, using LAME Mp3 codec. When i stream it natively ( no transcoding ) i press select to see file info, and the PS3 still detects the audio as ACC, even thought it was encoded as mp3 ( **bleep** ?? )

2) Tried using AC3. Both Aften and ffmpg AC3. When i stream natively ( no transcoding ) the display is no longer stuttery, but i have no sound. Pressing select shows no audio track. It plays fine on the PC, which audio.

So this all nails down to some problem streaming aac audio. Is there any way to encode mp4 without using AAC and getting it to work on the PS3. Why the heck would a MP3 audio file be detected as AAC. I don't mind using AC3 or any other audio codec, i just want the damn thing to work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.